Often referred to as the "Holy Grail" for eyelash growth, castor oil is a powerful anti-inflammatory healing agent that contains a potent mix of highly concentrated vitamins and nutrients.
This vegetable oil, sourced from the bean produced by the castor tree, is famously known for its’ many health benefits and has also become extremely popular in recent years for its’ amazing eyelash growth potential.
Unleash Your Full Lash Potential!
By coating the hair follicles with nourishing vitamins such as vitamin E and essential fatty acids, castor oil allows your lashes to grow to their full potential and protects them from any outside damage.
When used consistently every evening for a prolonged period of time (at least 2-4 weeks), the vitamins contained in castor oil will provide everything you need to grow the long, full and voluminous eyelashes you've always dreamed of.
Why Castor Oil?
Most often ranking above other oils when it comes to skin and hair benefits, castor oil is in a league of it's own.
Not only can application leave you with thicker, longer lashes, but this powerhouse oil can also aid in preventing dandruff, as well as moisturizing, strengthening and hydrating lashes.
It's Packed With Vitamins and Minerals
By coating the hair follicles with nourishing fatty acids such as triglycerids, linoleic, stearic and oleic acid, as well as vitamin E and proteins, castor oil actually prevents broken hair follicles or hair loss, resulting in fewer lashes lost over time.
It Stimulates Hair Growth and Adds Shine
When the oil penetrates the hair follicle, it also stimulates hair growth and aids in follicle repair, which ultimately leaves you with a noticeable amount of extra shine, volume and length.
It's Beneficial For Your Overall Health
The potential to grow healthier, more beautiful eyelashes is just one of an endless list of health benefits associated with castor oil.
Its antibacterial and antifungal properties and antioxidant power make this oil an excellent addition to your daily beauty routine.
Castor oil can bee seen as a popular ingredient in many beauty products that are aimed at treating acne, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles. It is also well-known as an oral laxative.
It's Easy and Affordable
It's also affordable, readily available and easy to find at just about any local store. With this eyelash remedy, there is minimal time and effort and maximum results with this straight-forward, simple method.
How to Apply Castor Oil
Castor oil is most effective for lash growth and repair when the oil is applied at bedtime consistently every evening to clean eyelashes.
The reason for this is that sleeping hours allow the most time for permeation and your lashes can repair themselves and grow overnight while you snooze!
Consistency is Key!
Although results will always vary slightly from person to person, it typically takes a few weeks of consistent use before you can really begin to see noticeable improvement in your lashes.
- Before bedtime, remove makeup completely, making sure that no mascara or other eye makeup is left on your lashes.
- With a clean mascara wand, apply a very thin layer of castor oil to the wand by dipping it lightly into the bottle. An eyeliner brush can also be used for application if preferred.
- Apply the castor oil gently to the lashes from roots to tip, being careful not to apply too much. Castor oil can also be lightly applied the baseline of your lashes, in a thin straight line, for added benefit.
- Take extra caution when applying so that no oil ends up in the eyes. If the oil does accidentally get into your eye, don't panic. Although it may cause irritation in some individuals if used in excess, castor oil is a natural ingredient and will not damage your eyes. If your vision becomes blurry due to excess use, simply wash with cool water. Remember, less is more when is comes to using castor oil for eyelash growth!
- For extra beauty benefits, apply a bit of castor oil to your eyebrows as well for fuller, thicker brows!
- In the morning, remove any residual oil by washing your face with a gentle cleanser and removing extra oil with your favorite makeup remover. Always remember to handle your lashes with care and never pull or tug at your eyelids or eyelashes.
How To Choose Your Castor Oil
When shopping for your castor oil, opt for an organic, pure cold-processed option to ensure you're getting the fastest and most effective results.
High grade, cold-pressed oils are pure, natural, health-conscious and will will contain the highest concentration of vitamins.
Don't Forget To Read The Label!
The easiest way to ensure that you are using the best possible version of this oil is to read the label carefully. Using a castor oil that is not pure may increase your risk of negative reactions or skin irritation.
This way, your time and energy will be worth the while and your beauty routine will generate faster lash growth than other alternatives.